The objects of the Association are the advancement of medical science by promoting fundamental and clinical advances in the field of nephrology, dialysis, renal transplantation, hypertension, and related subjects.
– To advance education and continuous professional development by a new type of educational symposia which -applying a standard, common format for all subspecialties- systematically focus on the recent (2 years) gain in knowledge in all areas of nephrology, from clinical nephrology to dialysis and transplantation.
– To promote ambitious collaborations among European investigators aimed at formulating high quality projects to be submitted for funding to the EU commission.
– To interact with the EU commission and the EU parliament in order to enhance the attention on chronic kidney disease as a public health priority and to raise the level of funding needed to fight renal diseases (via the EKHA).
– To increasingly involve young nephrologists in all core activities of the Society.
– To promote awareness within the nephrology community and the public in general of the threat posed by health care activities, including dialysis treatments, to the environment and to support initiatives aimed at mitigating the adverse impact of health care on the environment.
– To promote Nephrology as a career opportunity for European medical students.