CANDIDACIES FOR FUTURE CONGRESSES
Our coming congresses of the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 are already scheduled and the one of 2016 has been shortlisted. The date of 2017 is open, and it is time to select a venue.
APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME.
The most important pre-requisites of a candidate COUNTRY are the following:
- It must be in Europe, or in a country bordering Europe, or bordering the Mediterranean sea.
- It cannot be one of the countries hosting the most recent ERA-EDTA Congresses, so Czech Republic, France and Turkey are excluded.
The most important pre-requisites of a candidate CITY are the following:
1. Hotel capacity: 10,/12,000 rooms, in hotel categories not lower than 3*. Most of the rooms should be in 4* hotels;
2. International airport with excellent connections with all European countries;
3. An efficient public transportation system that connects the airport(s), the hotels and the congress venue.
A candidate CONGRESS CENTRE must have the following facilities:
• Minimum of 11 main meeting rooms so divided:
- No. 1 auditorium with at least 3,/4,000 seats;
- No. 2 auditoria with about 1,/1,200 seats;
- No. 4 session halls with at least 5/600 seats;
- No. 4 session halls with a capacity of 200 to 300 seats;
• At least 10 break-out rooms for internal and corporate meetings;
• A hall or foyer of at least 2,000 square metres to accommodate the posters;
• A hall or foyer of at least 1,000 square metres to accommodate the registrations;
• An exhibition area of at least 10,000 square metres/gross.
Official applications must be sent either to the ERA-EDTA President, to the Secretary/Treasurer, or to the Chairperson of Administrative Offices, and should indicate also the name of the proposed Congress President. Applications must be received within 31/01/2012.