CANDIDACIES FOR FUTURE CONGRESSES
Our coming congresses up to 2017 are already scheduled and the venues for 2018 and 2019 have been shortlisted. The next open date is 2020.
APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME.
The most important pre-requisites of a candidate COUNTRY are the following:
- It must be in Europe, or in a country bordering Europe, or bordering the Mediterranean sea.
- It cannot be one of the countries hosting the most recent ERA-EDTA Congresses, so Turkey, The Netherlands and United Kingdom are excluded.
The most important pre-requisites of a candidate CITY are the following:
1. Hotel capacity: 13,/15,000 rooms, in hotel categories not lower than 3*. Most of the rooms should be in 4* hotels (about 6,000);
2. International airport with excellent connections with all European countries and also direct flights to US, Asia and Africa;
3. An efficient public transportation system that connects the airport(s), the hotels and the congress venue.
A candidate CONGRESS CENTRE must have the following facilities:
• Minimum of 11 main meeting rooms so divided:
- No. 1 auditorium with at least 3,/4,000 seats;
- No. 2 auditoria with about 1,/1,200 seats;
- No. 4 session halls with at least 5/600 seats;
- No. 4 session halls with a capacity of 3/400 seats;
• At least 40/50 break-out rooms (20/100 seats – 30/150 sqm gross) for internal and corporate meetings;
• A hall or foyer of at least 2,000 square metres/gross to accommodate the posters;
• A hall or foyer of at least 2,000 square metres/gross to accommodate the registrations;
• An exhibition area of at least 10,000 square metres/gross.
Official applications must be sent either to the ERA-EDTA President, to the Secretary/Treasurer, or to the Chairperson of Administrative Offices, and should indicate also the name of the proposed Congress President. Applications must be received within 31/01/2014.